Merriam-Webster's definition for "survive":
1. to remain alive or in existence: live on
2. to continue to function or prosper
1. to remain alive after the death of
2. to continue to exist or live after
3. to continue to function or prosper despite: withstand
Like a mysterious illness finally diagnosed, my "it" has been explained. The symptoms and signs all point to doing this thing called surviving. And with surviving, there is adjusting and adapting. And those who are grieving know, the world is seen through different lenses after the death. The surroundings are familiar but the environment has changed.
Take a moment to cherish and appreciate your family and friends. And live on.